Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Don't ASK don't TELL




I attended a meeting for the military talking about the don't ask don't tell policy. It was a very interesting policy but it is in the repeal process. I believe the repeal is a good idea. Military life is very dangerous and if something happens to the military member and they are in a committed same sex relationship. The non military person will not get any benefits. As of right now benefits only work for same sex couples who are both in the military. The military has many programs that spouses can take part in but due to don't ask don't tell, same sex spouses can not take part in most programs. When there are parties thrown for military members they are encouraged to bring someone of the opposite sex which is not fair to partners of the same sex. I really hope the repeal goes through so that these families and couples can become and feel welcome into the military community. 



1 comment:

  1. I have heard of the policy and I agree with your opinion. I hope more people feel welcome to the military community, too.

    ReplyDelete