Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cheerleading

Ok I must admit that I am a cheerleader but I am proud of it. The other day I was hanging out with some of my guy friends from home and I was telling them that I had cheerleading tryouts for the camp I work for in the summer. I made the mistake saying I hope that a lot of guys show up. all my friends were saying guy cheerleaders were homosexuals. I will admit there are some men who are gay but there are lesbian cheerleaders too. Most guys who cheer are cheerleaders because of the challenges. I try to explain to people that holding someone over your head with one hand is a lot more difficult than trying to get a basketball through a hoop. Why is it that when males join "women" oriented sports they are seen as "gay"? Cheerleading os one of the most dangerous sports there is. Gender roles and society tell us that cheerleading is for women but a co-ed cheerleading team is very powerful. Women and men need to be able to do the things that they enjoy without discrimination.


I have a few friends on this team both male and female, not the best video but shows some of the stunts men do. Now can you tell me a regular guy on the street could do this with no training?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting topic. I have never thought about it, but people need to pay attention to the gender problem like this

    ReplyDelete